Daniel Kim is an attorney with extensive experience in the intersection of law, business and technology. Before his focus on traffic and criminal defense law practice , Daniel has built over 25 years of successful litigation and corporate advisory consulting career track record serving as a trusted adviser to over 50 Fortune 500 companies, five of the top 50 U.S. banks, and 25 Am Law 100 clients providing multidisciplinary solutions to help clients navigate through complex problems during their most critical and stressful times. Born in Seoul, Korea, Daniel Kim moved to the United States in 1970’s. He read,writes, and speaks fluent Korean and is a passionate advocate for his client.
- Served as an expert and testifying witness in a high profile Federal Trade Commission prosecution of international “Scareware” marketer.
- Served as a principal expert in an international software firm’s $200 million lawsuit against a competitor for misappropriation of intellectual property. Alleged causes of action included copyright infringement, misappropriation of a trade secret, unfair competition, and unjust enrichment/restitution.
- Served as a lead investigator and PCI DSS expert on multiple news headline PCI data-breach investigations and resulting litigations.
- Served as a global application security program manager for one of the largest global banking firm providing due-diligence and risk assurance for over 3,000 plus web and mobile financial applications.
- Served as a national cybersecurity and cyber forensic practice director for a major global electronic evidence consulting firm.
- Assigned by IBM to perform special high profile projects at IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center. There, Daniel performed speech recognition technology integration proof-of-concept for one of the largest package delivery company. Successfully completed build, integration, and demonstration of the system under a tight deadline.
- Served as a large enterprise systems and complex data forensic consultant for the top two largest multi-billion dollar Wall Street investment Ponzi scheme and securities fraud cases.
- Fisher Law Firm, P.C. – Managing Attorney
- Citigroup, Inc. – Vice President
- Defense Group Inc. – Managing Director, Cyber Expert Consulting
- FTI Consulting, Inc. – National Practice Director, Cyber Forensic
- TruSecure / Cybertrust, Inc. (Acquired by Verizon) – Principal Consultant
- Check Point Software Technologies, Inc. – Global Account Systems Engineer
- Capital One Financial Corporation – Senior Unix Administrator / Senior Security Engineer
- IBM – Advisory UNIX / Network / Firewall Specialist
- BEST Products, Inc. – Senior Systems Programmer / UNIX Administrator
- McKesson Medical-Surgical (formerly General Medical Corporation) – Computer Programmer
- Constantine Cannon LLP – Law Clerk
- Office of the Public Defender – Law Clerk
- Traffic, DUI/DWI, and Criminal Defense
- Privacy & Data Security
- Internet Law
- Cyber Breach Investigation & Digital Forensic
- Electronic Discovery / Electronic Evidence Consulting
- Intellectual Property, Trademark, Copyright, Trade Secrets & Unfair Competition
- The Supreme Court of Virginia
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court, Western District of Virginia
- Elon University School of Law – J.D.
- Virginia Commonwealth University – B.S., Information Systems
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Virginia State Bar
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Prince William County Bar Association
- Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (VACDL)
- The International Association of Korean Lawyers (IAKL) / 세계 한인변호사 회
- PCI Network – Founder and promoter
- PCI SSC – Former PCI Security Standards Council’s PCI QSA and PA-QSA (2005 to 2010)
- (ISC)² – Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) – Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) – Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)